Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Emaline Cagle Pearson





Emaline Cagle Pearson was born January 17th at 1:26 am! She weighed in at 8 lbs 13 ozs and was 21.25 inches long. Emaline decided that she didn't want to wait until the 18th to make her appearance, she sent me into labor on Monday having contractions every 12, then 10, on down to 4 minutes apart by the time we made to the hospital, where after being checked I was already at a 5!!!! (Special shout out to our middle of the night baby sitter!) My doctor got my c-section rolling fast and we had a birth day. She is absolutely beautiful with a full head of hair. Her name is a family name tracing back into the 1840's on my dad's side, then her middle name was my grandmother's maiden name. Parker is adjusting well, except when she cries. My brother made him a shirt for Christmas that said, "I was FIRST" so he wore it up to the hospital. Emaline gave Parker a stuffed lion because when we were first teaching Parker sister's name, he would roar like a lion because the end of the her names does sound like LION. Parker picked out a teddy bear and gave it to sister...I mean Emaline.

10 comments:

jenny biz said...

SOOOOOO beautiful!! My heart has been jumping for joy for you guys! I can't wait to hold her again!! I am so glad Parker is jumping in there with big brother role!! Love you guys!!

jettybetty said...

Congratulations to you all!
She is beautiful!
Blessings!

Phillips Family said...

She is beautiful!!!! We are so excited about Isaac's new friend. I am going to try and pop by the hospital today once the husband is home--i have a sick baby and don't want to infect Miss Emaline! I love the name--we were all trying to guess what her name would be at Birthday Club on Monday night!

Jami said...

Ok, tears in the eyes. She is so beautiful!!! I will see you guys this afternoon after work! Love you all!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations. She is really beautiful!

Jenni said...

Yay!! I'm so glad that she is here! She's beautiful!

Jenny said...

Emaline is beautiful! I'm glad everything went well. Congrats!

jenny

Bev Ross said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! How big Parker looks! Can't wait to see her!

MDM said...

Love the name!! She is a little piece of heaven. Eat her up!!

Maria said...

Where did you get the name Emaline?
I have a 4 year old daughter named Emaline. 1 week befor I found out I was expecting I recieved a photograph of my grear-great grandmother Emaline Martin from 1889 and I decided that that was to be my little girls name. I thinkn it is one of the most beautiful names.